Smilinggg Virtual Race 2017
Let's make a healthy, happy and positive difference together!
- Date: Sunday 1st October 2017 - Location: Worldwide - Distance & Charity: You Decide -
Sunday October 1st 2017 will be the date of the inaugural Smilinggg Virtual Race
The Virtual Race has been established with the intention to encourage the Smilinggg community to lace up their trainers and commit to completing a personally pledged distance in whatever active discipline they wish to partake in.
The Smilinggg Virtual Race takes place on the very same day as James' IronMan race, his third annual charity endurance event for Mind; The Mental Health Charity. However, the training begins three months before, with the Virtual Smilinggg gym opening it's doors to eager fundraisers on July 1st 2017.
This initiative hopes to encourage more people to get active, to build a team of fundraising athletes who will spearhead an increase in the fundraising potential hundreds of times over, which in turn will involve and benefit many more meaningful causes.
Detailed information will be released a little nearer the time, but here's a simple 5 step guide to how you can take part.
- COMMIT: How many miles will you cover in your preferred sporting discipline? Example: Jane will walk/jog/run half a marathon (13.1 miles)
- PLEDGE: Donate your distance to the Smilinggg Virtual Race JustGiving page (to be confirmed). £1 per mile suggested donation. (£5 minimum donation) Example: Jane donates £13.10 to the Smilinggg Virtual Race JustGiving page.
- ENTER: Your kind donation gives you FREE ACCESS to the Smilinggg Virtual Race Inner Circle Facebook Group (Group opens July 1st 2017). As a qualified advanced personal trainer, clinical fat loss practitioner and keen endurance athlete, James will be your personal coach as you prepare to train your way to the Smilinggg Virtual Race starting line. James will be providing everything you expect from an online health and wellness coach and much more. Motivation, mindset, nutrition, example training plans, tips, advice, peer support and all round health and wellness related posts and videos.
- PASS IT FORWARD: Now that you're all set with your race goal and you're busy training towards the big day, why not create your very own fundraising page and reach out to your friends and family via social media and start fundraising for a charity that's close to your heart. Example: Jane has lost loved ones to cancer and has set up a JustGiving page to raise money for Cancer Research UK.
- MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: To confirm you have successfully completed the Smilinggg Virtual Race, you'll be required to show proof of completion by emailing a screenshot of your completed race statistics and your total amount of money raised for your charity of choice. You'll then be eligible to receive your free Smilinggg Virtual Race 2017 e-certificate and provided with further information on how you can claim your Smilinggg finishers goody-bag containing the official medal, t-shirt, wristband and other mementos to look back on the experience with the fondest of memories.